As an startup entrepreneur you always look to keep low or no costs to prolong using your capital. During a recent teleseminar I was introduced to Camtasia software. It is billed as the one stop shop for screen capturing and recording your audio all in the same application. But as I said above, entrepreneurs are always looking to save money, and time, and if you can, both money and time. So what is an entrepreneur to do without spending any money?
Well, here’s my answer.
Quicktime Player (screen recording) + Garageband + iMovie, they all come FREE with your Mac. And here’s the quick and dirty of how to use it.
- Quicktime Player – do your screen recording and save it as a file.
- GarageBand – play your screen recording and record your audio recording of your screen capture in GarageBand.
- iMovie – import both your screen video movie and GarageBand audio into iMovie and edit for the final project.
- Quicktime Player + GarageBand + iMovie – FREE, but takes a few more steps to complete your project.
- Screencast-O-Matic – FREE online screencasting software.
- Camtasia – At $99 it is the next level of recording screen capture plus audio for sharing your content.
- Screenflow – At $99 as Camtasia, you’ll have to compare features to see which fits your needs.
- Wirecast – At $449 is more expensive, but the quality is there to get a professional job done.
- Tool Review: ScreenFlow (makezine.com)
- Top 5 Free Browser Based Tools To Record Your Google+ Hangouts (webtablab.com)