I’m a solopreneur helping other solopreneurs, that’s mompreneurs, dadpreneurs, kidpreneurs, and growing startups with getting more out of their business.
You can contact me in these forms:
If you’re interested in a short bio, here’s what’s on the back of my book:
Kevin Cullis is a former Air Force officer, currently a business geek and now has become an entrepreneur. He has his Masters Degree in Administration as well as 12 years of face-to-face experience selling both Macs and PCs to businesses. He loves helping entrepreneurs and small business owners integrate, utilize, and optimize the use of their Mac in their marketing, sales, and business management processes. The combination of both a business and a computer process perspectives makes him unique in saving and making money using a Mac. How to Start a Business: Mac Version is his first book.
But, to move on.
I am part Business, part Geek, so you could call me a Business Geek!!
A Business Geek is someone that solves business problems with computer technologies. They are not quite a “propeller-head,” geekspeak for hard core computer person, who loves to dig into the guts of the hardware or software of computers.
While I love computers, computers do not solve all business problems, that’s why I include that I enjoy finding non-computer solutions to business problems, and am an expert at it. Solutions have to make business sense, whether a business uses a computer to solve a problem or not. Hence, I love to solve business problems.
If you are using a computer, then I’d use Apple technologies and solutions even though I’ve used Windows and Linux (SuSe, Ubuntu). Occasionally I like getting “under the hood” of the guts of computer technology to learn, but I don’t like fixing them as a living. I mostly learn about the technologies to see how they affect a business.
But that’s not all of me either. I love to read (you could say sort of book-aholic), research, and generally see “between the lines” of what is happening. For example my wife and I recently saw the movie “Love in the Time of Cholera” and during the movie I noticed a lady in the jungle bringing out some glasses on a tray with glasses turned over. Why were the glasses turned over? Because if they were clean and turned right side up dirt and bugs would get into them and they would become dirty again. Turning them upside down prevents people from having to do more work. That is how I think. I apply that to all issues that a business person or a geeks does.
Myers-Briggs Personality Tests
Here’s my personality from the Myers-Briggs and Multiple Intelligences test:
Besides, how many geeks do you know that have interpersonal and intrapersonal skills? Not many that I’d say because I’m the type that can talk with people about their computer and business issues. The best of both worlds.
Strength Finder Test
If you have taken the “Strengths Finder” test you’ll find my top five themes are:
- Analytical – objective, dispassionate, able to see patterns and connections and their affects.
- Learner – energized by steady, deliberate journey to competence, thrives in dynamic work environments for short project assignments to learn a lot in a short period of time, but is not the subject expert.
- Ideation – fascinated by ideas, always looking for connections, intrigued by disparate phenomena that can be linked by an obscure connection. Love to “connect the dots” of situations. These ideas are profound, novel, and clarifying and sometimes bizarre.
- Activator – “When can we start?” Action is the best device for learning. Make a decision, take action, and your next action. You put yourself out there.
- Woo – Enjoy the challenge of meeting new people, strangers energize you, love breaking the ice and making a connection. There are no strangers, only friends you have not met yet.
I’m always looking for new things to apply myself in, making those connections.
“A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions–as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all” – Fredrich Nietzsche
Call me Chief Business Geek!!