In this blog post “Relentless – the difference between motion and action” is quoting that there is a difference between action and activity. What is the difference?
- Activity = using your legs to march in place.
- Action = using your legs to push a stuck car to get it moving again.
So quit marching in place and get out of the car and push. Here’s some other ideas:
- Activity = only talking about a problem
- Action = discussing how to solve a problem
What is the difference between the two?
- Activity = standing still
- Action = moving forward
Always move forward.
Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing. Thomas Edison