In a simplistic way, here a quick guide about attracting your customers to you.
So, you see a gorgeous girl at a party and:
- Say “I am very rich. “Marry me!” – That’s direct marketing.
- One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says: “He’s very rich. “Marry him.” – That’s referral marketing.
- You wear a shirt that say, “Marry Me!” – That’s advertising.
- Get her telephone number and call her the next day and say: “Hi, I’m very rich. Marry me” – That’s telemarketing.
- Ask her to have a picture taken together – That’s promotion.
- You have an unflattering movie of the both of you show up on YouTube – That’s public relations.
- She walks up to you and says:”You are very rich! Will you marry me?” – That”s brand recognition.
- After you say “I am very rich. Marry me!” and she gives you a hard slap – That’s customer feedback.
- Your wife arrives after you say “I’m rich. Marry me!” – That’s restriction for entering new markets.
- As her, “I’d be the happiest man on earth if you marry me” – That’s sales.
Now in the sales world, there’s the ABCs of selling: Always Be Closing. That’s exactly the attitude of yesterday’s selling techniques commented above. Not going to happen these days.
As I state in my book, it’s no longer about the old ABCs, it’s about the new ABCs, Always Be Courting!